Driver Education Summer 2021
Clarinda Community School District
|2020 - 2021||E-Check||Credit Card|
|Clarinda Community School student fee||$380||$390|
|Reduced School Fees for driver education||$200||$210|
|Free School fees for driver education||$0||$0|
IF YOU QUALIFY FOR FREE OR REDUCED SCHOOL FEES FOR THE CURRENT SCHOOL YEAR AND YOU HAVE SIGNED THE WAIVER AT SCHOOL REGISTRATION YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR A FREE OR REDUCED-PRICE DRIVER EDUCATION CLASS!
To register for driver education classes all students need to visit our web-site @
2) Click on Register for classes
3) Click on drop down box next to Find a class near you and select Clarinda High School
4) Please view class schedules and once you find a class time that works for you and your family please click on Register Now
5) Please fill out the registration form in full. Your child is required to have an Iowa permit in hand to register.
6) Once you choose a payment click on Complete registration.
7) It will take you to a checkout page. Please fill in the credit card number or if you chose e-check please fill in routing number and account number.
8) Click on box next to I’m not a robot and hit process
9) You will get a receipt of payment and a separate confirmation email.
If you do not have access to the internet please call: Street Smarts Office at 515-279-1112 and we can do a registration form over the phone.
Classes are held at the site you register for.
The state of Iowa requires 30 hours of class time and 6 hours of drive instruction and 6 hours of observation time. Drive schedules will be set up during the first class with the classroom instructor. All drive times are outside of scheduled classroom time
During COVID the 30 hours of classroom time will be held online, students will have 45 calendar days to finish the course from the first day the student signs in. The course will be sent out by the start date of the class to the parent email that is put down at the time you register on our website. Each student will also have 6 hours of in car driving and 6 hours of in car observation hours. Students must be able to drive during these dates. Please make sure your voicemail is set up and available for scheduling.